Every lady ought to keep her makeup looking fresh and pretty in the heat, no matter what. You don’t have to wait for that special occasion or opt for only when you are just too comfortable before doing that. Well, there are some tips to help you achieve this.
Here are the five best ways to flawless makeup in hot weather;
1. Go waterproof: A hot weather brings about sweating which in turn, makes you go swimming. Therefore, don’t forget to use waterproof mascara. A waterproof mascara is best whether you swim in the pool or sea, or just simply like to sunbathe. Laying down with the sun on your face can make your eyes water, even if you don’t plan on getting your face wet; look for a waterproof mascara with a full brush for dramatic lashes.
2. Begin with primer: Always start your makeup routine with an SPF-infused primer, for long-lasting coverage, as well as that all-important sun protection. When the sun heats up, we want our skin to look fabulous without looking like we’ve made an effort. Thus, just like you use your favourite moisturizer, it’s recommended that you use a primer with a high SPF to give an even clarity and a soft focus appearance to your skin tone, whilst protecting your skin from harmful UVB and UVA rays.
3. Banish the powder blush: A cream product stays put longer and appears more smooth and even than powder, when it comes to blush. It’s also easier to reapply when skin is hot or damp. The trick is to apply the cream blusher and then set with face powder. A nice trick to go from beach or poolside to lunch in a restaurant or bar is to get a cream product that works for both cheeks and lips.
4. Know that less is more: In a hot weather, you try to avoid super-heavy makeup, favoring a lighter look and feel. Less is best when the sun heats up; a base that matches your skin tone well and is light in coverage will stay looking better, longer than a heavier product, as it won’t appear patchy.
5. Look sun kissed safely: While trying to protect the delicate skin on our faces with SPF, we can still look beautifully bronzed with makeup but surprisingly, it is recommended that you avoid traditional bronzer in favour of a new approach. Powder bronzers tend to go a little patchy or simply come off in a humid climate, but a good trick is to use a water-resistant foundation a few shades darker than your skin tone.
Ma Divas, getting that flawless makeup in hot weather is possible!
If you have got an amazing style game and you want to showcase it to the world. Send us an email at [email protected] Who knows? We might just feature you!
This article was brought to you by the awesome Madivas Team!