Who doesn’t love a good suya chicken, and it only makes so much sense in this time of lack of tomatoes. Suya chicken are yummy and delicious and its perfect for brunch and a nice picnic with the family. Contrary to popular belief its not so hard to prepare, all you need to do is to follow the recipe and everything would be fine.
Chicken suya has a lovely aroma and it has been described as one of the “quintessential street food” in nigeria. Originally from the hausa’s who still make a mean chicken and beef suya, you can incorporate this street food into your meals and serve as a side dish.
What You’ll Need:
- Bamboo Skewers
For The Meal
- 1kg Skinless chicken (debone)
- 2tsp (or more) Suya spice
- 3tsp vegetable oil
- Seasoning Cube (optional)
How You Should Proceed:
1. Mix suya spice, vegetable oil, salt and or seasoning cube in a clean bowl and set aside.
2. Soak the bamboo skewers for 20 minutes, this would help the skewers not to burn while in the oven.
3. Chop the chicken into cube bits and thread them into the bamboo skewers allowing them to fill up the top half of the skewers.
4. Place the threaded skewers on the aluminium foil then brush the skewers with the mixture, after which you wrap and allow to marinate for 20 minutes, while you allow the oven to heat at 450 degree F.
5. After marinating, place the skewers on the clean oven rack and leave on each side for 10 minutes each or till the chicken is cooked.
6. Once it is ready, place in a clean plate over some towels and sprinkle extra suya sauce on top, serve while it is hot.
Watch the video from dobby’s signature
Source: Dobby’s Signature
What would you add to the Chicken Suya to give it a twist? Share with us in the comment section below.
If you have got an amazing style game and you want to showcase it to the world. Send us an email at [email protected] Who knows? We might just feature you!
This article was brought to you by the awesome Madivas Team!