Last week we thought you how to create spicy crunchy fried chicken, this week we are leaving soul food behind and we are coming back to mother land by giving you the recipe for ewa agoyin. Ewa agoyin known as beans paste which originally originated from Togo/Ghana is something that a lot of people have in the morning as breakfast or anytime of the day, because it is tasty and filling but many of this people buy it from canteens.
It is very surprising how very few people know how to prepare both ewa agoyin and its stew, This tutorials would show you how to prepare both Agoyin Beans and its stew below are the ingredients and steps;
What You’ll Need:
- 2 cups red black eye beans or white black eyes beans
What You’ll Need To Do ( Bean Paste Preparation)
- Soak the beans in water for 5 hours then you boil the beans for 5 minutes and discard the water.
- Rinse the beans in cold water then set it aside.
- Marsh the beans a little or till it becomes a paste.
What You’ll Need for the Stew:
- Cray fish
- 20 grams dried Cameroon pepper (cayenne pepper)
- Shombo (dried red bell pepper)
- medium size onion
- 375 ml palm oil
- Seasoning cube (2)
- 1 tsp dried pepper
What You’ll Do;
- Rinse both the dried bell pepper(shombo) and dried cayenne pepper (Cameroon pepper).
- Soak dried bell pepper(shombo) and dried cayenne pepper (Cameroon pepper) it in water for 15-20 minutes
- Chop onions into a clean plate.
- After 20 minutes , drain and blend with crayfish roughly. Make sure water and pepper are in the same level.
- In a clean pot add 375 ml of palm oil and allow to bleach for 6 minutes in high heat ( make sure you do this in a ventilated area).
- Then add chopped onion and let it fry for ten minutes over medium heat till the color almost darkens
- Add a few un-blended dried cayenne pepper (Cameroon pepper), add seasoning cube, 1 tsp of dried pepper mix together then add the blended mixture and allow to cook under medium heat for 40-45 minutes.
Watch YouTube Food Vlogger Nigeriacuisine prepare this spicy and tasty sauce;
Do you prepare your Ewa Agoyin stew differently? Tell us how in the comment box below.
If you have got an amazing style game and you want to showcase it to the world. Send us an email at [email protected] Who knows? We might just feature you!
This article was brought to you by the awesome Madivas Team!