The iPhone is a brand that is quite popular all around the world. Everybody wants one and many are still buying every day. The constant demand for this phone is as a result of its quality; you actually get value for what you buy.
The iPhone can perform a lot of functions which its users are not even aware of. It has the capability of performing a lot of surprising functions, let’s check it out:
- To find out what planes are currently flying above you (in real time), just ask Siri, “what flights are overhead?’ Siri is a computer program that works as an intelligent personal assistant and knowledge navigator, part of Apple inc’s operating systems.
- You can teach Siri how to pronounce some Nigerian words and names! Whenever it mispronounces a word, just say, “That’s not how you pronounce “_____” and you will be offered alternatives from which you can select the correct one.
- You can set a timer to your music and audio player before you fall asleep to stop it from playing all through the night.
- There is no need to press any button if you make a mistake while typing out an email, editing a photo or writing a note, just shake your phone and an ’undo’ option will be provided immediately.
- You can hold down the capture button in your camera to take ten pictures at once, and your iPhone will automatically go into burst mode and take a series of shots you can later choose the best from.
- You can have texts read out loud to you, with the Speak Selection. Start by opening your Settings > General > Accessibility, then turn on Speak Selection. For voice, you can choose from a wide range of voices from the Speak Selection Menu. To have your phone say the words out loud, highlight any text (by double-tapping or tapping and holding on it), then tap the Speak button in the pop-up menu. If you can’t see the Speak button, tap the small right arrow on the pop-up menu, then choose ’Speak’.
- One weird thing about the iPhone is that It tracks every single place you’ve ever been to – and keeps record! You can see everywhere you’ve been since activation.
- You can give each of your friends a unique vibration pattern! Get a different buzz every time you get a text by going to Contacts, pick someone, and tap ’Edit’ in the top right corner. Then, scroll down to Vibration > Default > “Create New Vibration.”
- You can lock your iPhone camera’s auto focus and exposure permanently, so that it does not readjust its focus when you’re taking new shots. Press and hold your finger on the area in the photo you want to focus on, wait for the yellow square to flash twice, and a notification pop up that says “AE/AF lock” will appear. You can now take amazing photographs without having to deal with ever-shifting focus and exposure.
- You can close multiple apps in one go by swiping up with two or three fingers.
These are some of the functions you never knew about, do you have more to add? Just share with us in the comment section below.
If you have got an amazing style game and you want to showcase it to the world. Send us an email at [email protected] Who knows? We might just feature you!
This article was brought to you by the awesome Madivas Team!