Oral hygiene is very important, nobody likes to hang around someone who has a bad breath. Bad breaths in the morning or during the day aren’t the only reasons we need to care for your teeth. When we see top celebrities smile and show off their teeth without a care in the world it is because they take their oral hygiene very seriously, obviously no one wants to see a musician or actor with tooth decay or teeth stains (that moment would be cringe worthy).
Improper oral hygiene can lead to various tooth problem like decays, holes, bone loss, gum disease, infection, heart disease, stroke etc. So since you wouldn’t want all of this problems below are 10 Dental hygiene tips that would promote your oral health;
- Great dental hygiene starts with brushing your teeth regularly, try to brush at “least” twice a day so as to prevent acid build-up. If somehow your work prevents you from more number of times than twice then thoroughly rinse your mouth after eating to minimize the amount of food that would serve as a substrate for bacteria.
- Wonder why after brushing you still feel like you have food stuck in your teeth? This happens often with fibrous meals, it is because the tooth brush bristles and rinsing can’t get some food out and that’s why its important to floss after every meal.
- “Smokers are liable to die young” ever heard of that? Am sure you have and this is said because tobacco causes cancer and periodontal conditions. It also cause your teeth to get terribly stained and because many smokers use gums and candies to reduce the smell they add to their teeth problem.
- Beverages like soda, coffee and alcohol contain a high level of phosphorous which is a mineral the body needs, having too much of it can actually cause more damage to your health than it is worth so limit the intake of this beverages.
- Calcium, vitamin D. vitamin B complex, zinc, copper, Iodine, potassium iron etc are some of the vitamins that are good for your body generally and they help your teeth as well. Diary products like milk, cheese, yogurts and other foods like broccoli orange juice help to fortify your dental care.
- Its very important to visit your dentist at least twice a year, go for check ups and ask for scans and x-rays this can help prevent future problems.
- Aside from brushing and flossing, the use of mouth wash is also very important, it can maintain good breath by killing bacteria’s as well as maintaining a strong and healthy teeth.
- When you notice tooth ache, jaw pain then you need to visit your dentist asap so they can diagnose the problem and start treatment immediately.
- You need to understand how crucial your dental and oral hygiene is, think of all the other problems that can develop like systemic infection, heart disease etc all because you didn’t care for your teeth.
- Bacteria’s lay low on your tongue so you have to clean your tongue daily because if you don’t they can contribute to bad breath.
Make sure you follow this sure tips, they guaranteed a great smile.
If you have got an amazing style game and you want to showcase it to the world. Send us an email at [email protected] Who knows? We might just feature you!
This article was brought to you by the awesome Madivas Team!