There’s this famous saying that goes “black don’t crack” well, in truth black don’t crack if you take good care of your skin but black can crack if you leave your skin to take care of itself. This brings me to the subject, what skin care products do you need to achieve a radiant skin so your “black don’t crack”?
- Black skin has increased melanin production which protects against the ultra violent rays of the sun but does that mean you don’t need to protect your skin from the sun because some how you’ve been blessed with a thicker layer of skin? Of course not melanoma is a danger which translates to the fact that you still need sun screen to protect you against the sun. So an essential product would be a sheer long lasting sunscreen product like L’Oreal Spf +50 to protect you against the sun.
- Its hard to have a glowy skin when all you can see is those black spots caused by hyper-pigmentation thanks to the sun rays, hormones or acne. Black women are more susceptible to this so its important to have the glycolic acid which works to expose the healthy layer of the skin. Products like glam glow super mud contains glycolic acid which helps to minimize clogs and gets rid of hyper-pigmentation.
- Its only natural to come across a dark elbow and dark due to friction from the clothes we wear or because of the sexual position some of us take. So to be able to blend and lighten this part of skin, the solution is the use of lemon and heavy-duty hydrator like bag balm.
- The struggle for black women is real when it comes to searching for the right shade of foundation because we each have different skin tones so one of the easiest way to get a good foundation is to hold the sample to your face, when you find a shade that match use the tester to see if the sample matches with your jawline. Cover girl queen collection is a brand that offer’s variety of shades.
- The black skin is beautiful but once dead cell builds up it is unable to retain moisture hence it becomes ashy and dull. This is why its very important to exfoliate the skin at least once a week while you moisturize everyday. To exfoliate the skin it is important to get a face and body scrub that contains jojoba seeds, make sure the scrub is mild and not brittle to give you the desired effect.
This are the 5 indispensable beauty products every black girl needs. Do you have any more products to add? Share with us in the comment section below.
If you have got an amazing style game and you want to showcase it to the world. Send us an email at [email protected] Who knows? We might just feature you!
This article was brought to you by the awesome Madivas Team!