A lot of Africans have found that using just any lotion, or lotions created with Caucasians in mind, often leaves much to be desired. Besides, many Africans, especially Nigerians, have made the decision to stay away from kojic acid, hydroquinone, and other skin bleaching lotions, with preference for products that nourish and moisturize the skin naturally. Well, here are the six best lotions suitable for the African skin;
1. Ambi Soft and Even Creamy Oil: This has a unique blend of natural ingredients such as Shea butter and olive oil, all of which soften and provide instant relief for dry skin. It promises a healthy looking radiant skin for its users. This brand is highly respected all over the world.
2. Pears Baby Lotion: This lotion is highly affordable. The African skin is typically more oily than that of other races thus, this product is lightweight and won’t clog your pores, since it’s prepared with babies’ tender skin in mind.
3. Dermatological E-45: Having been clinically proven to heal extremely dry skin, this lotion is one of the best-selling moisturizer in the world today. It’s suitable for use all over face and body, as women with the African skin have caught on to the magic of this non-greasy, fragrance-free formula which offers an effective way to keep the skin soft and healthy.
4. Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion: This is a fragrance-free lotion that has been clinically shown to provide twenty-hours moisture. It contains Shea butter and natural colloidal oats which relieve itchy, extra dry skin.
5. Vaseline Cocoa Radiant:This is a lotion that is widely loved for the way it erases marks and scars, evens the complexion, and leaves the skin smelling great. It’s natural oil content moisturizes the skin while alleviating dark spots. It also contains little alcohol, which can dry the African skin.
6. Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Lotion: The Palmer name is trusted worldwide. It’s got a delicious fragrance which has many Africans hooked on it. It contains Vitamin E, which prevents the skin from oxidation. It’s just too good.
These lotions would make your lovely African skin speak for you!
If you have got an amazing style game and you want to showcase it to the world. Send us an email at email@example.com. Who knows? We might just feature you!
This article was brought to you by the awesome Madivas Team!