You’ll agree with me that aside your hair, your skin is also your glory. Everyone wants a blemish-free glowing skin, but it is often said that it is easier said than done. You could be so wealthy as to purchasing all the skin care products in life, but without the full knowledge of the appropriate ways to care for your skin, the aim is defeated. Well, it is better not to undo the work you have put in by falling into any of these skin traps; the worst things you can do to your skin.
Here are the six worst things you can do to your skin;
1. Sleeping in your makeup: After a long day or a night out, you sometimes want to go to bed without washing your face. You might be doing your skin more harm than good as sleeping in it could lead to acne-causing clogged pores or even bacterial infections.. You should find time to take off your makeup each night.
2. Popping pimples: Try not to deal with breakouts with your hands. Constantly popping your pimples would push bacteria deeper into your skin and could result in even more breakouts. See a professional aesthetician or treat pimples with salicylic acid creams instead.
3 Eating too much sugar: The more sugar you eat, the more you are damaging the collagen in your skin, which could lead to premature sagging. Stick to natural sugars found in fruit instead of processed chocolate bars and ice cream.
4. Insufficient sleep: If you are not sleeping enough, you are not giving your skin enough time to get itself together because, your skin repairs itself overnight. This could mean more lines, less elasticity and uneven colouring.
5. Taking super-hot showers: Although it sounds relaxing, but steaming showers strip away the outer layer of the skin, making it look and feel scaly and dry. It is more appropriate to stick to temperatures that don’t make your skin fire-engine red. Instead of using a straight bar soap, go for a moisturizing body wash.
6. Not cleaning your cell phone: Long periods of phone calls can cause breakouts along your cheek and jawline. Make sure to clean your phone with antibacterial wipes often, to prevent this from happening. Alternatively, use your headphones and microphone during prolonged calls.
You know your skin is your pride so, save it now!
If you have got an amazing style game and you want to showcase it to the world. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Who knows? We might just feature you!
This article was brought to you by the awesome Madivas Team!