You guys know how much we Nigerians adore eggs for our breakfast, for many people believe that without eggs, their meal isn’t complete. Who does love the sweet taste of ripe plantains? Plantain which happens to be a big sister of banana is widely known and loved for its sweet taste.
A combination of fried plantain aka ‘dodo’ and eggs is one popular Nigerian food that is always easy to come by at any season as plantain and eggs are available all year round. This Nigerian cuisine is quite nutritionally balanced and widely eaten by many.
Its a quick meal which is mouth watering, it is easy to fix and very appropriate to have for breakfast with our busy work schedule. With all the right ingredients, fried plantain and eggs can be ready in about 15 minutes for breakfast, brunch or even lunch.
Because of our love for good and healthy food at Madivas, our special breakfast meal inspiration today is the famous fried plantain and eggs.
Fried plantain and eggs is one meal that can’t be ignored and to make, here are what you…
- 3 large egg whites
- Ripe plantain
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Remove the plantain from the peel. Wash and slice the plantain, sprinkle little salt on it as desired.
- Set the frying pan on heat and pour in the vegetable oil & bring to medium high heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the plantain and fry plantains 5 minutes until edges begin to lightly brown then flip to fry 2-3 minutes more until lightly browned.
- On a separate pan, put little oil to medium heat
- In a small bowl, add eggs. Add pepper and salt to taste
- Whisk 5 minutes and add frothy eggs to the pan
- Cook eggs while stirring constantly, flipping periodically until done cooking 3-5 minutes
- To a plate add a layer of plantain and eggs
Watch how Yummieliciouz prepared Fried plantain and eggs meal
Source: Yummieliciouz Food Recipes
We often forget to eat the most important meal of the day at all. Just because you’re working doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice nutrition.
If you have got an amazing style game and you want to showcase it to the world. Send us an email at [email protected] Who knows? We might just feature you!
This article was brought to you by the awesome Madivas Team!