Yes you are in a celebratory mood because why not ‘you got the job’ but what next? After celebrating the next thing that follows is “OMG!” What Am I Going To Wear? This question always comes along because your first thought is how inappropriate your wardrobe is, you might not have anything new to put on.
Your first day of work might be a lot more stressful, not because the work load would be piled up but because you might be nervous and agitated, you want to make a good impression so you put all your energy into this thoughts leaving you stressed and uncomfortable. This ultimately is not such a sweet deal especially when you are uncomfortable with what you are wearing, this means you need to find a comfortable balance with what you are wearing.
There are several steps you need to take to achieve the balance that says am a newbie but am not so new to this hustle, Here are 6 tips that would help you achieve balance;
- It is very important to carry out research, walking blindly into an organisation is not such a good idea so find out the work culture and dress code by calling the HR department for more information.
- There are certain shoes that you don’t play with, this are your dress shoes. For most females this includes a black, brown or neutral colored 2-4 inch patent or suede stiletto or pump. A fabulous wedge is also a good idea since it would give you balance.
- Neutrals and solid colors saves you a lot, if you were unable to get the information you need to get you through your first week then you can learn along the way by wearing a neutral color on your first day, by then you would have accessed the organisation,
- Your favorite accessory can transform your entire look, some people like to keep it simple avoiding accessories that are a bit fancy all together. Well this is not necessary because adding a brooch or wearing that gorgeous suede stiletto only helps you maintain a refined look.
- Remember its your first day of work so anything baggy and over-sized is forbidden literally, you must find the perfect fit. A fitted dress or shirt, skirt or pants would do.
- Its important to plan your outfit ahead of time, this way you know what to wear and you’ve had them ironed. Not planning ahead of time would ultimately leave you making a bad impression on your first day.
Below are some corporate outfit ideas for your first week of work that would inspire you;
What do you think of this corporate outfit ideas for your first week of work? Hit or Miss? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.
If you have got an amazing style game and you want to showcase it to the world. Send us an email at email@example.com. Who knows? We might just feature you!
This article was brought to you by the awesome Madivas Team!