So I remember a few weeks back I and my lovely friend who also appreciates food like me were on our way to her house in the heart of Lagos and then we got talking and she began to give a list of recipe’s I needed to find on the internet. This recipe’s ultimately helped me stumble on this spicy crunchy fried chicken recipe.
Now you know how important a bucket of chicken at KFC is to you, what if I told you, you can make a crunchy fried chicken just like that, am sure you are already inspired by the idea. Now Knorr provides an already packed solution but it doesn’t feel as good as the natural recipe. So am sharing this spicy crunchy fried chicken recipe video from the YouTube Channel Divas Can Cook.
What You’ll Need
- Large bowl
- Brine bag
- Butter Milk
- Hot sauce
- Salt (optional)
- Spices (Rosemary, dry pepper, salt, thyme, dry seasoning cube etc).
- Self rising flower
- Bron paper bag
- 3 eggs
- Garlic powder
- Vegetable or oilive oil or shortening etc
- Paper Towel
- Caging seasoning
What You Need To Do
- The first step in this process is to brine the chicken by dipping the chicken in a bowl laid with a brine bag that contains butter mil, hot sauce, onions, garlic, a bit of salt.
- Wrap the bag bag up and let it brine for 3 hours.
- Shake of the excess butter milk mixture and lay on a flat baking pan.
- Mix up spices and sprinkle half on the chicken in the pan.
- Add remaining spices into the self rising flower and stir it up
- Throw flower mixture into the brown paper bag and then the chicken, roll the cover and shake.
- Open the bag and make sure the chicken is well coated, shake off excess flower and place it on the flat pan.
- Break three eggs into a clean bowl and whisk properly then add some water, hot sauce and garlic powder.
- Deep chicken into the egg and hot sauce mixture and then put them into the paper bag with flour remnant.
- Shake off excess when you take out the chicken from the paper bag and place on the pan.
- Put a skillet on the fire at medium heat and pour enough oil to deep fry.
- Fry chicken.
Watch the video.
Source: Divas Can Cook YouTube Chanel
Yum!!! Would you give this spicy crunchy fried chicken recipe a try? Share with us in the comment section below.
If you have got an amazing style game and you want to showcase it to the world. Send us an email at [email protected] Who knows? We might just feature you!
This article was brought to you by the awesome Madivas Team!