Matte nail polish are quite uncommon and quite difficult to come by. So if you are interested in painting yours nails with a matte polish, you can make one for yourself, they are quite easy to make.
To make a matte nail polish, here’s a list of what you will need:
- Nail polish
- Cornstarch (you could alternatively use matte eyeshadow)
- Nail polish
- Small cup or dish
To make your matte nail polish, follow these simple guidelines:
- Make sure that the bottle of nail polish you are using is only partly-full. Do not use a full bottle because the powders you will be using will cause it to overflow. To make a matte polish
- Whatever powder you choose to use, it needs to be very fine. Any clumps in the powder will make your polish lumpy.
- If you are working with cornflour, you only need few pinches of cornflour
- If you are working with eyeshadow, scrape it out of its pan first, and then smash it up to make it smooth.
- Add little amount of powder by using a toothpick. Avoid adding in too much powder at one time, or you will make your polish too thick. You can always add more powder later.
- If you are using eyeshadow, plan on using an entire pan per half bottle of polish
- If you want to make a matte topcoat, you will need clear nail polish and cornflour. You can apply this topcoat over any manicure to make it matte.
See a video by AndreasChoice on how to make your nail polish matte
Would you try this? Share your thoughts with us in the comment box.
If you have got an amazing style game and you want to showcase it to the world. Send us an email at [email protected] Who knows? We might just feature you!
This article was brought to you by the awesome Madivas Team!