So far so good my braids are almost a month old and it became frustrating somewhere in the middle. When you braid your hair at first it looks amazing and its so need you just let it look awesome for the next one week but when bits of it begins to come loose especially from the front its only natural for you to be weary.
Braids is one hairstyle you can carry for months only if you know how to make them look good again, Here are the tips on how to make old braids look new again;
- Re-do The Edges: I do this sometimes, once a strand comes off, it leaves your hair free so the best advice to make it look new would be to braid your edges again now its best to go to a salon and have all the braids on your edges taken out and re-fixed with a new attachment.
- Change Your Look: So if you have had your braids in for a month and you plan on having it in for another month then you can change the style. You can try cutting the braids and burning the tips to form a bob or you can unbraid the tip and dipping that part into the water to make it curly.
- Eco Styling Gel or Edge Control: If your edges comes off then you need to control them with styling gel or edge control. The beauty of Edge control is the fact that you can play around with it, using it to create different patterns. Using an old tooth brush or a small brush create amazing style with this product. If your baby hair doesn’t stay then do this over night after which you tie a scarf on it.
- Hot Bath and Gel Treatment: Take scissors and trim stray hair from your braid, with the help of a friend place a the braids in a bowl of hot water and leave in for a few minutes before you take it out to dry after which you run some styling gel through your hair.
- Edge Covering Style: If you done all of this and it didn’t work out well (which is unlikely) then you can try a covering style, this would cover all the roughness and untidiness.
What do you think of this tips? Leave your comments in the comment box below.
If you have got an amazing style game and you want to showcase it to the world. Send us an email at [email protected] Who knows? We might just feature you!
This article was brought to you by the awesome Madivas Team!