Nail biting is a pretty bad habit that leave the nails looking rough and even permanently damaging the nails. It is a habit people pick up when they are bored, stressed, anxious or worried. Frustration and loneliness also triggers nail biting habit.
Mostly people start this habit when they were pretty young but it can grow with them till adulthood. Nail biting has both physical and emotional consequences. Regularly biting your nails and cuticles can leave your fingers red and sore. The area of skin around your nails may bleed and become infected. Bacteria and viruses passed from your fingers to your face and mouth can make you vulnerable to infection.
If you are tired of seeing your nails look unsightly, damaged and rough and you don’t know how to stop biting your nails, try these steps it might just help you;
- You have to acknowledge that the habit is not a good and healthy one. That will give you courage to work towards stopping the habit.
- Make a conscious decision to stop biting your nails because the only way to stop is to actually STOP.
- Note those things that trigger the habit and be mindful of them. With proper management of stress and other things that trigger it, you are one step ahead.
- Constantly coat your nails with bitter tasting nail biting polish.
- Make sure your nails are trimmed short, it will give you less nails to bit
- Make your nails more attractive by doing manicure; you probably might not bite your nails when they look attractive.
- You can put a band on your wrist and snap it whenever you bite your nails.
- For a more aggressive means to stop, try wearing gloves to hide your nails.
Stop that bad habit today, it is probably more harmful than you thought.
If you have got an amazing style game and you want to showcase it to the world. Send us an email at [email protected] Who knows? We might just feature you!
This article was brought to you by the awesome Madivas Team!