How to survive valentine’s day as a single woman? When all your friends are gushing about what their husbands, fiance or boyfriend would get them on valentine’s day, you sit there and hope you have some secret admirer that would cover your shame, know this, there is nothing to be ashamed about, you are single not cursed besides Valentines day is the day of love not couples day.
For years a lot of women have sulked on valentines day but if you are part of those women I suggest you make this year the last time. Here is how to survive valentines day as a single lady; Valentines day is the day to spread love so its high time you make it meaningful there are 2 options, you can opt to be a nuisance to yourself and those around you by crying and sulking all day or you can choose to create a tradition that would spread love to your families and friends.
Here are the five steps you can take to ensure you have the best valentines day;
- Realize that this is an old tradition and things have changed, rather than feel bad that you have no date or admirer make it a fun positive and powerful day.
- Avoid toxic friends that only talk about the men that hurt them or men in general, rather hang out with powerful minded women who appreciate the importance of friendship.
- Make a list of the people you love, family, friends, hairstylist etc and get them versatile valentines day cards to show them that you appreciate them in your life.
- Write down three things you appreciate in your life, use this day to reach out to your loved ones and show them that you love and care for them.
- Since Valentines this year falls on a weekend, go out with your girl pals and have some lighthearted fun, go see a non romantic flick… just be yourself.
You might be single now but who knows, you might be getting engaged married or in a serious relationship next year so relax have fun and show a lot of people love on this day you might be the dose they need to have a great Year.
If you have got an amazing style game and you want to showcase it to the world. Send us an email at [email protected] Who knows? We might just feature you!
This article was brought to you by the awesome Madivas Team!