Its the weekend, an obvious time to rest and prepare for the coming week. So whilst resting, you probably want to show off your cooking skills by making a special meal, different from the norm so why not try your hands on the Seafood pepper soup. Yeah, I know you will probably say why seafood. Seafood are known to contain large amount of nutrients needed by the body (don’t let me go into my science background)
Anyways, this is how to make seafood pepper soup
- Medium sized fish, could be catfish/tilapia or any other low fat fish
- Seafood (shrimps, periwinkles, crab meat, crayfish as you so desire)
- 1 tablespoon of grounded crayfish
- 2 spoonful of pepper soup spices
- Chilli pepper
- Seasoning powder
- 1 medium sized onions
- Salt to taste
- Ensure that the seafood are properly shelled depending on the seafood you want to use. Clean the seafood very well. If using sea snails, pre-boil in salted water for 2-3 minutes and drain.
- Put the fish pieces in a pot with water level to slightly covering the fish. Add chilli pepper, onions, seasoning powder and salt to taste. Allow to boil for 5-10 minutes.
- Add pepper soup spices, shrimps, periwinkles, boiled sea snails, crab meat. Mix gently and leave till the seafood is well cooked.
It is ready and can be served with yam, boiled plantains, corn pudding (Eko) or rice.
Please note you could use any seafood be it crayfish, oysters, clams, crabs or any seafood you so desire.
What do you think, would you try this at home? how would you do it differently? leave your answers in the comments section below.
If you have got an amazing style game and you want to showcase it to the world. Send us an email at email@example.com. Who knows? We might just feature you!
This article was brought to you by the awesome Madivas Team!