I remember when Ciara debuted her faux locs look, everyone wanted a piece of it and remember when Zendaya also walked the red carpet with her faux locs? Yes am sure you do, it caused quite a bit of debate. Anyways, this hairstyle came back to mainstream because of this stars even though it has been around forever.
Here are some really wild colors you could try out;
Now there are certain things you need to know before you get the faux locs;
- There is the permanent and temporary version: The permanent version requires human hair (yup) to be wrapped attached to your hair while for the temporary version, a synthetic weave is wrapped around your hair. So think carefully before you choose.
- Choose The Texture Wisely: There are three texture of attachments, human hair,the synthetic and yarn fiber. The human hair is dense, the yarn fiber is lightweight while the Synthetic fiber is flexible but heavy.
- Choose a Color: Faux locs is a protective hairstyle that you get to lock in for months this means you would be caring this look for a long time and you have to choose a color that wouldn’t be a bother in the long run.
- Fix In A Manageable Length: The longer the locs the heavier it becomes and as you can tell once the excitement wears off and you got a really long locks fixed in, it would essentially become a bother. So it is only wise to commit to a manageable length.
- Hair Care: Its very important that your hair care routine is maintained, you should oil your scalp daily, take daily vitamin, wash and condition your hair bi-weekly. This is to ensure your hair has a lovely glow after you take out the locs.
What do you think?
If you have got an amazing style game and you want to showcase it to the world. Send us an email at [email protected] Who knows? We might just feature you!
This article was brought to you by the awesome Madivas Team!