Having scars can be really distracting and annoyingly its the most noticeable thing about you, sometimes they can be really annoying and sometimes unsightly. There are a number of ways you can get rid of the scars or reduce the intensity in which they appear. Here are the tips on how to get rid of scars;
- If you’ve tried other methods or if you don’t feel safe trying other methods then you need to visit your dermatologist, they would serve as a guide and tell you the best way to go.
- You can also consider a Dermabrasion, this process takes off the top layer of the skin and it sometimes causes people to bleed. Note that this is not for everyone.
- There are also surgical scar revisions which includes laser, skin grafts, excision etc you could research on this to consider your options.
2. Home Remedy
- Onion is not only good for your eyes its good for your skin as well, therefore use onion extract on your fresh scars because of its anti-inflammatory nutrients. Simply chop onions and extract the juices, use cotton pads to apply on your scar must be done diligently a few times a day over the course of months.
- Aloe Vera gel is really good and it has been used as a natural healer for centuries. Apply the gel on freshly acquired scars twice a day.
- Honey is also a natural healer and as probably saved me a lot. Apply pure unadulterated honey on fresh scars, you can either use the pure honey raw or you can mix with cucumber or Aloe Vera gel.
- Patches or Silicone sheets are relatively chip and can be used to reduce some scars.
- Scar ointments, gels and creams can also help to reduce the scars, there are certainly a lot of products in the drug stores that can help rid you of your scars but make sure you get those with SPF. Some products are Kelo-Cote advance formular scar gel, Mederma etc.
This are the tips on how to get rid of scars, there are some scars that would fade overtime just make sure you don’t pick or mess with them.
If you have got an amazing style game and you want to showcase it to the world. Send us an email at [email protected] Who knows? We might just feature you!
This article was brought to you by the awesome Madivas Team!