Nigeria has produced so many beauty queens, some of which are married and relocated abroad to join their hubbies. In most cases, little or nothing is being heard about them when they relocate, while most of those that have settled here in Nigeria, seem to have gone into oblivion. Besides, there are controversies that trailed the reigns of most of them such as age falsification scandal and other factors.
The proliferation of beauty pageants have become high. We hear of such pageants as Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria (MBGN), Miss Nigeria, Miss Bold & Beautiful, Most Beautiful Face in Nigeria, Miss Aso Rock, Miss Teen, and many others, every year. In as much as quite a number of ex-beauty queens seem to have gone into obscurity, there are still some very exceptional ex-beauty queens in Nigeria. Here are the top six exceptional ex-beauty queens in Nigeria;
1. AGBANI DAREGO: She was the first black African to win the Miss World title. This made her a star both home and abroad. She is equally a shinning star that needs no introduction, as she had won the Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria in 2001 and later broke records for winning the Miss World 2001 crown. She is also a former L’Oreal international model.
2. MUNACHI ABII: She won the Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria (MBGN) in 2007. She is currently trying to make a career in music as a rapper. Besides, she is still relevant unlike some of her peers that got the crown after her.
3. OMOWUNMI AKINNIFESI: She’s got great poise and brains, and had won the Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria crown, representing Nigeria in the Miss World beauty pageant in China in the same year. She went further to win the Miss Tourism international in Ukraine. She presently runs her own public relations and ushering outfit “Elle Poise” and she also launched her ready to wear line a few months back.
4. Nike Oshinowo
Nike Oshinowo who won the MBGN crown in 1991 is still relevant till date, she is seen as a philanthropist and style icon and an entrepreneur. Many more would know Nike Oshinowo as a talk show host and former pageant director, unlike many of the past MBGN nike has managed to stay in the lime light as one of Nigerians respected socialite.
5. HELEN PREST AJAYI: Helen Prest Ajayi is one queen that is deeply loved by many Nigerians. She represented Nigeria in various beauty pageants including the Miss World pageant and reigned as Miss Nigeria in 1979 with grace and composure.
6. REGINA ASKIA-WILLIAMS: Regina Askia took over from Bianca Onoh Ojukwu when she resigned halfway through her reign. She wore the crown of the Most Beautiful Girl, Nigeria in 1989 and proved herself a worthy beauty queen . Regina went on to become one of the pioneering actors in Nollywood. She also has her own fashion label known as Regine Fashions.
These ex-beauty queens are exceptional indeed!
If you have got an amazing style game and you want to showcase it to the world. Send us an email at [email protected] Who knows? We might just feature you!
This article was brought to you by the awesome Madivas Team!